Are you or your child touched by cancer in some way?
Gilda’s Club South Jersey & UTMS are working together to support families touched by cancer. We are holding a monthly group in the school for students, and have a full range of groups & activities for both children, teens & adults at Gilda’s Club in Linwood.
To learn more, please contact Erin McAllister, MSW, LSW, Program Director, Gilda’s Club South Jersey- firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 926-2699. Visit www.gildasclubsouthjersey.org
UTMS Anti-Bullying Pledge
We the students of the Upper Township Middle School agree to join together to stamp out bullying at our school.
We believe that everybody should enjoy our school equally, and feel safe, secure and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting, and spitting, as well as name calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, and excluding someone. Bullying causes pain and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as "kids being kids," "just teasing" or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying.
By signing this pledge, we the students agree to:
- Value student differences and treat others with respect.
- Not become involved in bullying incidents or be a bully.
- Be aware of the school's policies and support system with regard to bullying.
- Report honestly and immediately all incidents of bullying to a faculty member.
- Be alert in places around the school where there is less adult supervision such as bathrooms and hallways.
- Support students who have been or are subjected to bullying.
- Talk to teachers and parents about concerns and issues regarding bullying.
- Work with other students and faculty, to help the school deal with bullying effectively.
- Encourage teachers to discuss bullying issues in the classroom.
- Provide a good role model for younger students and support them if bullying occurs.
- Participate fully and contribute to assemblies dealing with bullying.
I acknowledge that whether I am being a bully or see someone being bullied, if I don't report or stop the bullying, I am just as guilty.